- Products and Services
Products and services by category
- Medical gases
- Hospital equipment
- Homecare equipment
- Products and services by medical speciality
- Products and services by care area
Seeing the risks you face and developing solutions
BOC Healthcare is able to provide an impartial and pragmatic view of risk in your systems, using our experience with supplying medical gases to the NHS since 1948. We apply tried and tested risk analysis methodology to ensure we provide the hospital with a solid foundation upon which to build.
BOC Healthcare will make a detailed assessment of how medical gases are managed in your hospital. This involves surveying equipment and conducting interviews with your staff, covering all of the areas referred to in HTM 02-01 as well as BS EN ISO 7396-1:2007+A2:2010, BOC standard operating procedures and best practice.
The audit will include identification of potential risks and shortcomings in the following areas:
- Plant capacity and condition
- Distribution systems
- Emergency preparedness
- Manual handling
- Management systems and documentation
- Preventative maintenance effectiveness
- Training needs analysis
- Level of patient risk
- Provision of equipment and emergency back-up
BOC Healthcare can assist you in identifying the risks associated with medical gas management. Having provided you with a documented risk assessment, the risks can be prioritised and incorporated in your risk register. This enables you to manage and mitigate them effectively.
Potential risks identified by comparison to HTM 02-01 and best practice could include
- Inadequate product/prohibition/warning signage and emergency notices
- Medical gas drawings incomplete/out of date
- Operational policy incomplete/out of date
- No knowledge of standards/compliance shortfall
- No designated storage points at ward level
- Authorising Engineer not in place
Identifying the risks in your hospital is not enough, the next step is to start reducing the level of risk to as low as is reasonably practical. BOC Healthcare can provide you with expert, impartial and qualified guidance to do just that.