- What types of medical gases are offered by BOC Healthcare?
BOC Healthcare offer an extensive range of medical grade gases , all covered by Marketing Authorisations, including:
- ENTONOX® (50% nitrous oxide/50% oxygen)
- HELIOX21® (21% oxygen/ 79% helium) *
- Medical air
- Medical carbon dioxide
- Medical helium
- Medical oxygen
- Medical nitrous oxide
- Inhaled nitric oxide (supplied via INO Therapeutics)
- Lung function gas mixtures
- Medical gas mixtures
- 5% carbon dioxide/balance oxygen
- 10% carbon dioxide / balance oxygen
- 20% carbon dioxide / balance oxygen
- 5% carbon dioxide/balance air
- 9% helium/35% oxygen/balance nitrogen
* If required we can also supply any other gas, not covered by our Marketing Authorisations to your specificationunder our Specials Licence.
- Does BOC Healthcare supply equipment?
Yes, we now have a comprehensive range of equipment including:
- Pressure regulators
- Demand valve
- Cylinder trolleys
- Cylinder storage solutions
- FireSafe nozzles
- Cylinder bags
- Pulse oximeter probes
- Oxygen sensors
And much more…
For details of all the equipment we offer please click here.
- Is BOC Healthcare able to provide any product training?
BOC Healthcare has a wide range of training initiatives to assist healthcare personnel in understanding and learning how medical gases can be handled and used safely.
On site group training:
BOC Healthcare representatives have wide ranging knowledge and expertise in the use and safe handling of medical gases and we can arrange to train a small group of healthcare professionals at your site. Training courses vary according to the detailed level instruction necessary but include:
safety training on medical gas cylinder handling
storage and use
MGPS Training for Authorised and Competent Persons (BTEC accredited)
ENTONOX training for small groups of midwives and pain teams
This flexible and convenient form of education is available to a wide range of healthcare professionals and includes:
Comprehensive e-learning courses on safe cylinder management
www.boctraining.co.uk – Here you will find everything you need to know about ENTONOX and its use in pain management, we are continually adding to this virtual educational resource and because it is centrally controlled it is always up to date and more cost-effective to manage we do not charge for accessing this form of training.
- Where can I find medical gases specification, safety data?
This information is contained in BOC Healthcare’s Medical Gas Data Sheet (MGDS) which contains the Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC) for the product plus the additional safety information necessary about the product. A printed copy of the relevant MGDS is given to BOC Healthcare customers when they first take the product. Customers can always access and download the very latest version of the MGDS directly from our website.
Please click here to access MGDS documents.
- How do I order medical gases from BOC Healthcare?
In order to receive medical gases and associated services from BOC Healthcare, you will need to open an account with us simply by phoning 01 4091800. A Customer Service Representative will then send you all the relevant paperwork for you to open an account.
Most medical gases are classified as a “pharmacy only” drugs and their supply must be restricted to healthcare professionals only. You will therefore be required to supply your professional qualification details, a pictorial form of identification, e.g. driving license before we can provide you with these products